Macquarie City Campus
Macquarie City Campus has a range of accommodation options. Students must contact the providers directly if they wish to stay at any of these providers:
- private rental accommodation, or university student residences, including self-catering apartments or house-sharing with other students
- Homestay accommodation with Australian families; and
websites provide useful information:
All suburban areas in
metropolitan Sydney are
accessible to the city, with
travelling times anywhere from thirty minutes to an hour.
Iglu offers the best student accommodation experience in Sydney!
Our properties are ideally located close to Universities, and just a short walk to local transport, shopping and more. Iglu staff are onsite 24 hours each day, providing a continuous level of support and a diverse social events program – so that you can make the most of student life!
Iglu Central is located on Regent Street and is just a 2 minute walk to Sydney’s Central Station & bus interchange - meaning that within a 6 minute train ride, a short bus journey or a 2 km walk you will be at the Macquarie City Campus.
Iglu Central is opening January 2013, with weekly rental fees including;
- All utilities – gas, water and electricity
- Standard internet package
- En suite bathrooms
- Air-conditioned rooms and apartments
- 24 hour staff assistance
- Secure building with 24 hour CCTV and swipe card access
- Apartment televisions
- Use of iglu property common areas
- Free access to all iglu community events
Iglu Student Accommodation offers a balanced environment where you can relax, hit the books and have fun with friends – after all, this is your new home!
2. NestoriaNestoria is a quick and easy Australian property search eangine for real estate. If you are looking at renting or buying a home here is another option to check accommodation options.
StudentFlatmates.com.au is one of Australia's largest student share accommodation website that will help you find a place near the campus.
urbanest is student accommodation made better providing hassle-free living in the heart of Sydney so you can concentrate on the enjoyment and success of your studies. Better because...
- Perfectly location on the corner of Quay Street and Thomas Street in Haymarket just 5 minutes to central station and two stops from Macquarie City Campus. And on the door step to China Town with all its wonderful shops, markets, great restaurants and convenience stores.
- Fast and reliable broadband so you stay connected without interruption and with 1GB per month included in the rent. Also there’s Wi-Fi in all the communal areas for you to enjoy 24/7.
- No hidden extras with our all inclusive rents which include:
- Broadband internet
- Contents insurance
- Fully furnished rooms & apartments
- Private en suite and air conditioning in every room
- Games areas, big screen TV area, group study rooms and BBQ area.
- Coin operated laundry and bike shed
- Safe and secure with state-of-the-art security systems including swipe card access, intercoms and CCTV. And there’s always a member the urbanest team on site 24/7 to help you.
UniLodge is conveniently located in Broadway and Kensington, both situated a short bus trip or train trip from the centre of Sydney. UniLodge is fully furnished student
accommodation designed to meet students’ academic and social needs. Services
and facilities provided at UniLodge include:
- a safe student learning environment;
- hi-speed Internet access in all apartments and rooms;
- friendly, helpful on-site residential staff;
- group study areas;
- common recreation areas with large screen televisions;
- regular social events; and
- UniLodge, Kensington also provides accommodation for students under the age of 18 years.
pick-up services are available with a shuttle bus running from the Sydney International/ Domestic airport to the Sydney Central Business District. For more up-to-date information on UniLodge, visit
Accommodation at North Ryde
It is recommended that students studying at Macquarie City Campus apply
for accommodation close to the city. Accommodation at Macquarie University,
North Ryde is only available for students studying at North Ryde.
Macquarie City Campus offers Homestay accommodation for students wishing to live
with an Australian family. Homestay is an excellent opportunity to learn about Australian culture, while practising English language skills. Accommodation is located throughout Sydney and students can expect to travel anywhere from thirty minutes
to one hour to and from Macquarie City Campus. If Homestay is the preferred option, students will need to evaluate what the homestay family will be like to live with. Australian families vary in cultural background and size. Homestay hosts often work during the week; however somebody may be at home during the day in some families. Many families have commitments (e.g. hobbies, sport and relaxation time) during the evenings and/or on weekends. The food provided may also be different to the type of food some students are accustomed to. Whatever the case, students will need to be flexible and open to new experiences. Homestay accommodation and airport pickup can be arranged by contacting the following providers:
apartments or Homestay.
Apartments Students deciding to stay at UniLodge Apartments can opt to use the Airport Connect service which provides a shuttle bus services from the Sydney International/Domestic airport to the Sydney Central Business District. For more information on Airport Connect, visit:
For students deciding to stay at a Homestay accommodation, airport pickup is available by booking directly with the Homestay provider in advance. There is a booking fee for this service and students must book in advance to ensure airport
pick-up is arranged.